Question
Posted by: 1ST time mommy | 2009-09-21

22 WEEKS PREGNANT-BALANCED DIET

Hi Diet Doc

I am 22weeks pregnant but have only put on 1kg in weight.I eat quite healthy,5-6 small meals a day.
This includes my yoghurt,fruit and oats everyday.
Could you please give me a balanced diet as I dont want my child to suffer by not getting the right nutrients etc.
Thank you.Your advice would be appreciated

Dear 1st Time Mommy
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Because it is so important that you are eating the correct foods and in the correct quantities I would like to recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to check what you are eating at present and if your diet is adequate to promote the healthy growth of your baby. This is not something that I can do for you over the Internet. You can, however, click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on "Eating throughout life" and read the articles on "Pregnancy".
Enjoy your pregnancy