Question
Posted by: VERY worried | 2010/08/03

22 weeks pregnant &  having cramps

I am now 22 weeks and 2 day. It is my first baby as last year i was pregnant and in the 12th week of pregnancy i lost the babies.

When i woke up this morning i was suffering from cramps (Like period pains). (its just below my baby bump).
Is it something i should worry about or is it normal? its not that severe but i never had it before. Please tell me if this is normal or if anyone else also had the same thing.

I wouldnt want anything to happen to my baby :(

It is hard to say what your cramps are due to. the best thing would be to phone your doctor.

5

Posted by: Blue | 2010/08/04

Have plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration. This can lead to cramps as well. I wouldn''t say cramps are normal, especially in your case as you previously miscarried. If they continue, you should get to your doc immediately. Don''t phone but go there. You can''t take any risks.

Reply to Blue
Posted by: Semi | 2010/08/03

I had similar cramps when i was pregnant, its quite normal as long as there is no bleeding then dont stress too much. But i will suggest you go to your Gynae to check just to be safe.

Reply to Semi
Posted by: Pink | 2010/08/03

Hi, cramps is normal. Just as long as there''s no bleeding involved.
I use to get lots of cramps when i was pregnant, but it came and went away. If the cramps are really severe and for long time periods then I''ll get worried. But a cramp now and then is very normal

Reply to Pink
Posted by: Purple | 2010/08/03

You should phone your gynae - rather have him or her check it out to be sure its nothing serious.

It could just be ligament stretching, but rather be safe than sorry.

Reply to Purple