Question
Posted by: DEE | 2010-02-08

22 MONTH OLD SON

DEAR DR PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME
MY SON IS 22 MONTHS OLD HE DOES NOT SLEEP WELL
WAKES UP ABOUT 4 -5 TIMES A NIGHT MOST OFTEN I CAN JUST GIVE HIM A BOTTLE THEN HE SLEEPS AGAIN
BUT SOMETIMES HE WANTS TO SLEEP IN THE BED AND I LET HIM
OTHER TIMES HE JUST CRIES AND CRIES AND I TRY AND COMFORT HIM BUT NOTHING HELPS THANK YOU

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Everyone wakes up 4-5 times every night - they have just learnt to roll over and go back to sleep. He also needs to learn this. Dont make the mistake of making a big thing out of it - letting him get into your bed if he is not ill is probably not a good idea. If you are still having problems, discuss it with your pediatrician - there are many techniques to teach him not to wake the whole household if he wakes at night.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010-02-09

Reply to Sleep expert