Question
Posted by: Liz | 2012-07-19

21 Weeks pregnant

Good Day doctor, i am 21 weeks pregnant. I had a amnio done about a month ago because blood test showing high risk. The test for down syndrome is now clear but my husband and i were called in to have both our bloods tested because of something to do with Chromosome 3. I understand that you cant tell be what is wrong, but could you shed any light on this?

I would be guessing, but it may be that the amniocentesis found some extra material on chromosome 3 and you and your husband are being checked to see if you have the same thing.If you do, it would suggest that the finding in the baby is not significant. Do discuss the exact issue with your doctors though.

Best wishes,

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-07-23

Best wishes,