Question
Posted by: sarah | 2009-05-14

21 weeks preg, heartburn, vomit

I am 21 weeks pregnant, I never had morning sickness since the begining, everything has been smooth sailling until now, I find that I get serious heartburn, and when I do, I vomit like hell, get a headache, what could be the cause of this. I find that I normally get heartburn especiall if I ate bread. is bread bad during pregnancy???

Heartburn at this stage is common, due to pressure of the uterus on the stomach/bowel. Try eating smaller meals more often. Gaviscon may also help.

3
Posted by: Nellie | 2015-11-18

My daughter in law is having heartburn, I want to know if she can use spamogel suspension

Reply to Nellie
Posted by: Thami | 2013-07-30

Can i use spasmogel medicine if i have cramps or stamchache. i am 10 weeks pregnant

Reply to Thami

Hi, try to go for check-ups, and let them check your Blood pressure, this can be why you are having headache, otherwise you can take Panado tabs. Buy yourself some Medigel or Spasmogel from the pharmacy and take 10ml 3times a day this will help with the heartburn. Avoid white bread !!! You can still take brown bread or low GI bread. Take care.