Question
Posted by: Sto | 2008/10/25

21 weeks Miscarriage

Hi Doc.

On the 16 Aug i had a miscarriage, the baby and the placenta came out. i wasn' t able to go to the private hospital because of the pain i was feeling and also the public hospital is the one nearer.

Everything was ok, I had no pain and the baby was fine. Can you kindly try to explain what would have been the problem as the doctors didn' t explain anything to me and how can i prevent it in the future.
There' s void in my spirit, body and the only thing i would like to happen is to fall pregnant again. 3 months is too long to wait. I don' t want to replace my baby by falling pregnant he was my first child but i feel the need to have one. i' m 23 yrs old and my partner is 29.

Please also advice on how should i deal with my partner, he' s ignoring me haven' t spoke to him about the miscarriage since it happened. he has taken it very bad and all i want is 4 us to talk about it.

Please help me. Thank you in advance.

It could be that you have an incompetent cervix. When you are pregnant again, you need to book early and have a scan to check the cervix. While you may be impatient to fall pregnant again, there is a higher miscarriage rate if you fall pregnant within 3 months of a miscarriage. Men deal with things differently. Perhaps you could both see a counsellor.