Posted by: Ann | 2012-01-31

20 weeks pregnant

Hi im 20 weeks pregnant and have been consulting with my GP up until now. With my first baby he refered me to an gynae, do i need to wait for his referal or can i go ahead and make an appointment with the gynae going forward.Cause i seem to have concerns since from the beginning I have only taken Folic and Ferrous sulphate only and no other multi vitamins. Is this enough for my baby.

Folic acid and ferrous sulphate are fine as long a s you have a healthy diet. If you are planning to deliver with a gynaecologist then you should make an appointment soon.

Posted by: Alice | 2012-02-02

Ask your medical aid, sometimes a reverral makes then pay more willingly.

I just phonned a random gyne and made an appointment. Tell them how far along you are and they can even perhaps fit you in.

Reply to Alice