Posted by: Wendy | 2011-07-27

2 yr old suddenly crying when going to sleep

My 2yr old has this new habit of crying when I leave the room after saying good night. He''s peaceful until I stand up to leave. I have started to ignore this and just leave the room. He will then eventually fall asleep. Sometimes he starts crying in the middle of the night - i just go check to see that he''s fine and then leave - i don''t wake him. Am I missing something or is this just bad dreams?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

You are doing 100% right. This is manipulation - he is seeing if he can train you to come running whenever he squeaks. Check to see that he is OK, but after that hr needs to get used to the idea that you do not jump at his beck and call. Well done.

Posted by: Victory | 2011-08-10

I''m not wrohty to be in the same forum. ROTFL

Reply to Victory