Question
Posted by: worried | 2011/02/03

2 yr old Allergies

My 2 year old daugter has a problem of loose stools which leads to diarreha when she drinks any other kind of milk. She was allergic to cow''''s and goat''''s in her infant days then when I took her to the doctor to prescribe her some milk, he suggested hypo-allergic which made her develop skin thrus all over her body. He then suggested soya milk which was good until she turned 1y8m which she turned out to be allergic to, as she vomitted and had very loose stools even if she just drand a 250ml cup. I even tried rice milk as it doesn''''t not contain any lactose, soya, etc, but the results of loose stools are thee same. I bought her some calsuba junior powder to boost her calcium intake which i put in her water to drink. She eats no other yoghurt but danisimo only as the other other kinds of yoghurts makes her develop eczema. She''''s also allergic to tomatoes especially if not cooked. Do you have a solution to this? &  also what can I replace the milk that she''''s not getting with?N.B: I also tried to include her milk with her rooibos tea but no still loose stools

Hallo Worried
Do not worry about her not using milk. Supplement her diet with a calcium chewing tablet, and ensure that she eats other calcium rich foods like spinach, broccoli and peas (even if you hide it in foods like soup or add pureed vegetables to mince) Maybe ask your pedicatrician to test her for lactose intolerance.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/03

Hallo Worried