Question
Posted by: Portia | 2010/09/24

2 year old waking early

Hi Doc,
My son is 2 and attending creche but I just cant get him to sleep later in the mornings. He is in a sleep routine in order for him to sleep well through the night and wake for creche. But in most cases he wakes between 4am, 5am and sometimes 6am in the week. But the same is happening over weekends. I cant get him to sleep later over weekends. He''s up at 5am and I have to be up with him. It''s making me so so tired. And then he sleeps at 9am again ''cos he''s tired. What can I do please?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

He needs to learn that, while its OK to wake up early, its not OK to wake everyone else in doing so. Discuss the matter with your pediatrician - your son may actually be getting the right amount of sleep for his needs.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010/09/27

Reply to Sleep expert