Posted by: CS | 2009-05-18

2 year old - immune system needs boosting &  not eating well

my 2 1/2 year' s immune system needs a boost. she is in creche and most people recommend scotts emulsion or creche guard immune - what is the best to use ?
I wanna give her something that would help her through winter with her immune system and something that will help her eat better. she is very fair but constantly looks abit pale - like she needs iron on something.. what do you recommend is best ?
thank you !

Dear CS
You can give her a good multivitamin like Kiddivite and echinacea/viral choice C

My heart goes out to your LO - it is so hard for them to be sick. I agree that their immune systems need to be strong, but wouldn' t first prize be for them not to get infected with these bugs?
Think about it this way: instead of aiming to help her cope better with disease, why not try and PREVENT her from getting sick.

There was a huge huff at my LO' s school about exactly this issue. Do some research on the prevention of the spread of flu and colds. You' ll be amazed how well it can be controlled with BASIC HYGIENE!
I managed to download a whole document of advice to creche' s and daycare centres to prevent the spread of infections. I cannot remember the title of the document, but is was issued by the British Health Department.

Good luck.

Sorry me again - sorry for spelling above - was in a hurry

Forgot to mention that the chewy tab is 100% homeopathic, safe for all ages and not expensive about R98 for 2 months supply. The company that makes it (HEEL) is based in Germany, and the meds have been in testing for about 6 years and wasnt tested on animals. They say there are no side affects (which I can vouch for) It is pretty new on the south african market but ask your GP

It really made the world of difference in my LOs life. Know Im not the Cyberdoc but I know this works

I had the same problem with my 2 year old - she only weighs 10kg and always sick

Try engystol (?) by Heel - you need a script for it. Its a chewy tablet that improves immune function and then you LO will eat better as well. My daugther is healthy for the first time in her life and she is picking up wight