Posted by: Sandy | 2009-09-16

2 Weeks Late

Hi, please can you give me some advice.
My last period was 5 August. Today i am 2 weeks late. I did a home preg test at 5 days and 10 days late and both were neg. I had a small brown spot on my underwear 5dpo.
I have no other pregnancy symptoms except yellow creamy cm.
Should i do another test? I can only get an appointment with my gynae on 13 Oct.

You can have a blood test to be absolutely sure, but it does not sound like you are pregnant. Other causes of late periods include stress, changes in diet, cysts.

Posted by: Nini | 2009-09-16

Go for a blood test. this is the most accurate way to tell. It sounds pretty much like early pregnancy, especially the brownish discharge as this could be implantation bleeding. A blood test will only take 2 hours, and you dont have to necesarily go to your gynea for it, however they will give your results to your gynea to reveal to you, but it can be done telephonically by the gynea' s receptionist too. I went for the blood test at 12, got the results at 2, and my gynea' s receptionist phoned me with the results.

Reply to Nini