Question
Posted by: s | 2010/04/05

2 questions

1) what are the real benefits of these vibrating machines that you stand on?

2) I need ankles, please advice on exercises i can do to define ankles (at the moment it''s borderline cankle urgh and I''d like a smaller/narrower ankle) and yet maintain strength in that area. is this possible through exercise alone. I''m a dancer so i''m using my legs ankles and feet all the time, have been for 24 years so i really don''t know what else to do about it

Hi S

The top of the range ones have been tested quite extensively, and they're pretty good for improving strength. A lot of claims have been made about things like fitness and weight loss, those are a little 'out there' and there's no reason to think they'd be true.

In terms of the calf/ankle, exercise has a very limited impact. It's mostly genetically determined, I'm afraid to say. So you may struggle. You might find that your years of dancing have really strengthened/thickened the ligaments around the ankles, and that's why you have this appearance.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/04/07

Hi S

Reply to fitnessdoc