Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2010/11/02

2 periods in a month

Hi there,

Im not sure if this has to do with the pill Yaz, since ive been on it for a year already... but twice now i have had my period 2 times in a month, usually 2 weeks before i am to properly start, i have a period for up to 10 days... and i have menstrual pains along with it... Is this a problem? What could be the cause?
Please advise if u can...
Thanx...

It sounds like breakthrough bleeding and may mean that the Pill is not strong enough for you. However, there are other causes of irregular bleeding which have nothing to do with the Pill - cysts and polyps for example. I would suggest that you see your gynaecologist for a check-up.

2
Posted by: concerned | 2010/11/05

Thank you for the reply!

Reply to concerned