Posted by: Super worried | 2009-06-18

2 months no period

I went to the GP yest with my concern that I have not had a period since March. I suffered an ectopic in January but since had a normal cycle in Feb and March (26 and 28 day cycle respectively) I spotted for 2 random days in April and again on 15 May but had nothing since. The doc has said that my body is still adjusting ... how true is this? Also he said he' d only do hormal blood test in August if I don' t get a period before then. In your opinion what should I do?

Also, can I still fall pregnant without a period (I only have 1 fallopian tube but 2 ovaries)

Many thanx!

It doesd seem a bit long for your body to still be adjusting. However, I think that it is reasonable to wait till August before having further investigations. It is possible that you could fall pregnant as you could ovulate at an unexpected time. You have had periods, just irregular ones.