Posted by: Worried | 2010-02-24

2 miscarriages after 3 babys what''s going on?

I have three boys but in the last three years we have been trying for a girl and we have had two miscarriages. What is going on? Why can''t I get pregnant and stay pregnant? My GYN said there''s nothing wrong, we have run hormone panels several times with no answers. I watch all the signs for ovulation and we use OPKs I just can''t figure out why we can''t concieve. Somebody help please before it destroys my marriage.

Dear Worried

The fact that you fell pregnant but had 2 miscarriages is an indication that you have the ability to conceive. If one has 2 miscarriages then it may be simply by chance as the risk of any pregnancy ending as a miscarriage is ±12%. If you have 3 miscarriages in a row then you will be required to undergo investigations for recurrent pregnancy losses.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo