Question
Posted by: KIM | 2011/04/08

2 MINUTE NOODLES

Im a young woman, iv just moved in with a flat mate and we are broke as normal young first timers would be so we bought lots of 2 minute noodles i just wanted to know if i eat thous soley for dinner will i gain weight as there a pasta, im really good eater normal and im not over weight at all.

thanks

Dear Kim
I don't have the energy content of 2 minute noodles, but don't think they will be high in kJ. They do, however, have a high glycaemic index (GI) so they won't satisfy you for long and could lead to food cravings. If you eat them regularly I would recommend that you at least eat them with low-fat cheeses like cottage cheese or some other form of protein to lower the GI of the meal and stop you from getting hungry because this can lead to food cravings and encourage your to eat high-fat snack foods. Add some fruit and vegetables to your suppers to also provide protective nutrients and some fibre to your diet, because 2-minute noodles are not very nutritious.

2
Posted by: Rina | 2011/04/12

Actually, 2 Min Noodles are quite high in calories. Depending on what you eat the rest of the day, you could gain weight.

Reply to Rina

Dear Kim