Posted by: Curious | 2009-02-25

2 minute noddles

Are 2 minute noddles (Maggi and Heinz) fattening? Can they be used accasionally as a meal replacement?

Dear Curious
I don't have a packet of 2 minute noodles available to check their energy content, but I am sure that it is very low. According to the SA Food Tables, cooked standard egg noodles contain only 555 kJ per 100g and I suspect that the 2 min noodles provide you with about 30g once you have boiled them, thus an energy content of about 170 kJ which only represents 2,7% of your daily energy requirement when you are slimming and 2% when you are not slimming, which are both negligible amounts. You can use them as a meal replacement, but I suspect that you will get rather hungry if this is all you intend eating.

Posted by: Curious | 2009-02-25

Thank you Lisa

Reply to Curious
Posted by: Lisa | 2009-02-25

Don' t know about Heinz and Maggie BUT Checkers has choice Fat free instant noodles and the information are as follows

Per Serving (cooked)

Energy 740kj
Protein 7g
Total Carbohydrates 39g
Total Fat - Trace
Sodium - 326mg

The packet states 75g and the info says serving size is 69g raw and 170g cooked)

Reply to Lisa