Posted by: Tangy | 2009-06-02

2 day bleeding 2 weeks prior to expected period

I have now been off the pil (Nordette)l for 2 months. I am regular with my periods and my last period was 19 April (lasted till 24 April) and i stopped the pill on the pill 4-5 days after my periods finished. Needless to say the first month my period didnt come which i understand why, but the second month i got what i thought is my period 2 weeks prior to what i assumed would be my schedulled period. I normally bleed for 4 days max but this bleeding was different. It was for a day and a half and started off with brown discharge the first day and the second day it was slightly heavier and very bright red blood accompanied with mild cramping for both these days. Now it has stopped and its as clear as if i never had my periods at all, no spotting what so ever or the brownish discharge that would happen when you are on the last day of your menses. I have been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend (Last time 27 and 28 May 2009). I even thot this blood was ovulation bleeding as i had been charting myself and it started on the days i thought i was ovulating (Ovulation Calendar predicted 28May - 2June). But my guess is my body is re-adjusting to its natural rhythm without the birth control hence the change in cycle bleeding. Havent tested for pregnancy yet.

What could be the cause? Is it possible its implantation bleeding or is it my period which is messed by the withdrawals of the pill (hormones)?

The most likely thing is that your body is adjusting to being off the Pill.