Question
Posted by: Angel | 2010/08/25

1year later

Hi, hubby and I’ ve been trying to get pregnant for a year now in which time we''ve tried several things... (Including not trying) as people say you should forget about it.

I am insulin resistant and take my glucophage as regularly as the headaches and nausea allows it. I''ve tried clomid as well. Blood pressure is usually quite low and I exercise as much as I have time for. The doctor also said day 5 - 9 of my cycle is the best time but nothing yet.
What other advice can you give me?

Dear Angel

I would suggest that semen be done as soon as possible. Apart from the ovulatory dysfunction other investigations on your part need to be undertaken as well. In particular you need to establish whether your tubes are patent or not and this can be done through an X-ray called an HSG or through a surgical diagnostic procedure called a Laparoscopy. Assuming there are no problems with the sperm analysis or with the tube then the focus will be directed at careful ovulation induction using alternative methods rather than Clomid and coupled with careful monitoring which I would recommend it be done by means of ultrasound scans.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

4
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/08/31

Dear Angel

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Angel | 2010/08/25

thank you both. I will keep praying and hope that something happens.
The doc. has mentioned that he would like to test me for endometrios but I have always been scared of hospitals and everything that goes with it. Maybe we should think about giving that a try.

Reply to Angel
Posted by: WKE | 2010/08/25

Angel,

I was also on the same boat with you diagnosed with infertility but God has been faithful to us, i am now 34 weeks pregnant and everything is going smoothly i want to encourage you that keep on trustinf God and ME has said and the faithful Lord who has done for us will obviously do it for you, ME take care of yourself and baby and be grateful always to God and let us pray for other women like Angel so that God can remember them as he did for us,

Reply to WKE
Posted by: ME | 2010/08/25

Hi Angel
i''m not certain if my story will help but i also had problems getting pregnant until i went to a gynae who found that i had an ovarian cyst on my left ovary and mild endometrios,she suggested i do a Laparoscopy to remove the cyst&  lining of the endometrios which i guess outlined what the problem was all this time.
now 2 months later i''m 8 weeks pregnant and both me and fiance are over the moon.please also PUSH( Pray Until Something Happens)

goodluck and please keep me updated.

Reply to ME