Question
Posted by: Annie | 2010-01-20

1st Offence

I was on sick leave for 2 weeks (do have a sick note). Issues arose while on leave, when I came back the issues were already sorted out. I was given a final warning, and was told that next offence warrants a dismisal. Please advise if this is the correct procedure.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re: 1st Offence

A final written warning normally only comes after 1st, 2nd and 3rd warnings have been given unless the issue was really serious. They do not need to have a disciplinary hearing to issue warnings unless the disciplinary code specifically states that.

1
Posted by: Whena | 2010-01-21

depending on the nature of and the severity of the offence this could be correct

Reply to Whena