Question
Posted by: Luane | 2012/02/28

1st Gynea visit

Hi there,

I have been sexually active for a year....I got married on 26 March 2011 and decided to go for my first gyneacological visit. Much to my surprise (and a waste of time) I have discussions with the gynea and she said that it is not necessary to get a pap smear? Why was I there then? She says because I got married a virgin there is no need yet? Can this be true...i seem a bit confused?

She says only to come back in 2 years?

She didn''t do a pelvic exam and no ultrasound.

Please can you tell me if this is the norm?

Commonly a pap smear is only done form the age of 25 years onwards. I would have thoguht that a pelvic exam would be indicated though.