Question
Posted by: Luane | 2012-02-28

1st Gynea visit

Hi there,

I have been sexually active for a year....I got married on 26 March 2011 and decided to go for my first gyneacological visit. Much to my surprise (and a waste of time) I have discussions with the gynea and she said that it is not necessary to get a pap smear? Why was I there then? She says because I got married a virgin there is no need yet? Can this be true...i seem a bit confused?

She says only to come back in 2 years?

She didn''t do a pelvic exam and no ultrasound.

Please can you tell me if this is the norm?

Luane

Yes, you are at little to no risk for cervical cancer. A pelvic examination and ultrasound is therefore, not necessary. You can consult your doctor for an innoculation to prevent HPV infection, which can lead to cervical cancer.

2
Posted by: Liz | 2012-02-29

Not true, always get a papsmear, you dont need to be sexually active to get cervical cancer - it happened to a close friend. its like saying dont test your breasts for lumps if you dont wear a bra. try another doctor.

Reply to Liz
Posted by: Candy | 2012-02-28

I think the gynae should have done the papsmear.

Reply to Candy