Question
Posted by: cornelia | 2008-11-01

1)is this a corn?2)night cramps?

1)my first question:- my little toes on both feet almost ' bend'  which causes dead skin to accumulate..which i regularly cut off. on my right foot, the toe next to the little toe is now also starting to " gather"  dead skin where the little toe touches this toe. Is this the start of a corn? It has become painful. What to do about it?
2)also, my right foot gets a cramp like,burning sensation in the early hours of the morning whilst i am sleeping, (under the foot, between the ball of the foot and the heel, so pretty much ' under the arch,)and the ' pain'  wakes me up. once i wriggle my toes it goes away. What causes this, what is it, and what can be done about ?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Cornelia

To answer your first question, it definetly sounds like you have a corn. In that case, you should visit a podiatrist who will remove it for you and advise you on how to prevent it returning.

To answer your second question requires a detailed medical examination. It could be a cramp, possible circulation related but to be sure you should see a doctor.

Chris