Question
Posted by: Nash | 2011/02/24

19 Weeks Preggies No Movement

Hi I am 19 weeks preggies and overweight, should i be worried that i havent felt baby move yet? Going on the 7th for my check up. Please advise.

Thanks.

If it is your first pregnancy, you may only feel movement from 22 weeks.

3

Posted by: Nash | 2011/02/25

Thanks a mill yes it is my first pregnancy

Reply to Nash
Posted by: Purple | 2011/02/25

In a first pregnancy you might not feel movement until about 22 weeks.

Generally the more overweight you are the longer before you feel movement, very skinny people tend to feel movement much earlier on.

You might be feeling movement and just not recognising it. For some reason, people describe it as a flutter - it feels nothing like a flutter. It feels like an airbubble running under your skin (often people mistake movement for wind). If you run your knuckle lighty on the palm of your hand you will have an idea of what the movement feels like at first.

Reply to Purple