Question
Posted by: Janine | 2009-11-30

19 weeks preg very bad back pain

I' m 19 weeks pregnant and had terrible back pain on friday, later there were bleeding when I went to the bathroom and I went to the hospital
1. they did an internal check to see if my cervix is closed, which is was, but is it safe to do an internal check at 19 weeks?
2. the dr on duty gave me antibiotics, buscopan and aterax is it safe to use when pregnant?
3. I still have terrible back pain but no cramps in front, even though it feels as if the baby is lying on my bladder and its quite a heavy feeling could the baby have moved down?
4. what could be causing this upper back pain? its a burning pain in my shoulders and neck?

1 Yes it is safe.
2. It depends which antibiotics you were given. Many are safe in pregnancy. The rest are fine.
3. Unlikely at this early stage.
4. It sounds muscular but I can't really tell without a full exmination.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2009-12-03

1 Yes it is safe.
3. Unlikely at this early stage.