Question
Posted by: Lora | 2010/07/05

18 weeks pregnant and bleeding

I''m 18 weeks pregnant now. Have had spells of very heavy bleeding and the rest of the time constatn light bleeding. The doc''s says I''m bleeding from my cervics and that the baby is fine. This has been carrying on since 10 weeks of pregnancy. The doc''s says that there is nothing they can do about the bleeding. Is ths true? Will this pregnancy mature to 40 weeks? Will the bleeding stop? Help I''m desperate for answers.

If the bleeding is from the cervix, the pregnancy will not be affected. The question is why you are bleeding from the cervix though. Have you had a recent pap smear?

4
Posted by: Lora | 2010/07/12

Yes - had a pap smear when we found out I was pregnant. Could that be the cause? anything we can do to stop the bleeding?

Reply to Lora

Posted by: THK | 2010/07/06

Hi Lora. I don''t know what the problem could be, but can imagine how you must feel. Please get a second opinion. Hope this is nothing and that it will soon go away. Best wishes. THK

Reply to THK
Posted by: Purple | 2010/07/05

Have you visited another gynae for a second opinion?

Reply to Purple