Posted by: Jen | 2009-04-01

17 weeks pregnant and ear thumping

I am 17 weeks pregnant and woke up this morning with my right ear thumping intermittently. It has been carrying on all day. Is this as a result of the pregnancy? It feels almost like a pulse deep in my ear then it goes away - almost like a muscular spasm in my ear???

I hope tht Tasja's information has helped.

Posted by: Tasja | 2009-04-02

LOL,its normal.theres an increase of bloodflow through your heart and to your tummy,and then your pulse is also " louder" .I was on the loo when i firts noticed it when i was pregnant,i thought it was the neighbour playing loud music,i went to our bedroom and ask my husband if he hears them aswell,and he said no!So i went quiet and listened again,then i noticed its in my head,my ears to be spesific.So i ask my Gynae about it,and he said its just because if the increase bloodflow,your heart is pumping more than usual to supply for the growing baby and so on!!

Reply to Tasja