Posted by: candy | 2010-11-29

15 years of trying

i am married for 15 years and have only been able to conceive once in 2007. this ended in miscarriage. i have adopted and my daughter is now 8. i couldn''t have asked for a better gift. she means the world to my husband and i. recently though, i have started to take notice of other families and their new additions. i can''t help but wonder whether i will ever know what that feels like. my daughter is now asking when she is going to have a brother or sister. i can''t answer that question and it breaks my heart. please give me some advise on how to handle this situation. i am getting very depressed about this. please help

Dear Candy

This is a rather sensitive question and I would suggest that you seek the help of a counsellor (clinical psychologist) and thereafter visit a fertility specialist for further advice.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim