Question
Posted by: UROSSOUW@SARS.GOV.ZA | 2011/05/20

15 YEAR OLD TURNED?????

My 15 year old daughter had alot of issues with her previous school last year in so much as I had to take her out and get restraining orders against some of the girls due to pure jealousy. She was in a all girls school and we have been through a hell of a year. She is now in a new school (mixed) and attends to the hostel in the week and come home every weekend. In the first 2 months she was a angel and such a pleasure to have. Now she has turned into a devil and started smoking swearing and she has now got a coloured boyfriend as well. Please dont get me wrong I am not racist but why such extreme changes. We cannot speak 2 sentences 2 each other without bad mouthing one another. She and her stepfather are also forever fighting as he can not stand her lies anymore. Everytime she is caught out it is blamed on everyone but herself. Her father is the same but I cannot ask him for assistance as he is in Australia and hardly contacts them. I am on the brink of giving in. Currently taking Brazepam to calm me down.

Expert ImageTeen expert

I would suggest that you speak with the school about her seeing a psychologist. A good place to start would be with the school counsellor if they have one. Rebellious behaviour can often be indicative of emotional distress, and the more marked it becomes the more it is a signal to you as parents that she wants you to notice her unhappiness. Your daughter having a safe space in which to talk will help her to begin making sense of why she feels so angry and upset.

1
Posted by: Teen expert | 2011/05/31

Reply to Teen expert