Question
Posted by: Jo | 2011/04/18

14 week old JR pup

Hi There,

Thank you for all the advice you have given me.

I just want to find out how much exercise a 14 week old Jack Russell puppy should get? I currently walk him for about 30min a day but he still has loads of energy when he gets home.

Thanks,
Jo

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Jo, regarding advice, its a pleasure and lovely to see an owner that does the responsible thing and ensure their dog gets the mental and physical stimulation it needs. As he is still young, not too much exercis, but please do check the distance, time etc with your vet, he will be able to guide you more on this subject.
Regarding energy, they really are little live wires! Keep him busy at home by supplying a lot of varied and interesting chew toys. If you have a look on the Friendsofthedog website, there is an article on Toys which i think is on the puppy section. This will give you lots of ideas of what to use. chewing not only keeps a pup busy and out of trouble, it helps with teething, stops them having illegal items and believe it or not, chewing helps a dog to destress. Keep up the good work! S

1
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/04/20

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert