Posted by: Very worried please help | 2009-09-10

14 day old kitten

Good Day to you all

I have a 14 day old kitten my local vet called me 2 days ago to ask me if i wouldnt consider taking this kitten in, which i did they were going to put him to sleep.

We dont know where the mother is so im hand feeding him, i have bought formula from the vet which i am feeding him, the problem that i am sitting with is that this kitten just doesnt want to poop, i have tried everything.

I use a cotton ball with luke warm water and rub in circular motions, and still no poop.

I contacted my vet yesterday and he said to me that i need to put suger in his milk which i did last night and still this morning no present for mommy, so i called him up today as i wanted him to do a physical and he told me to continue with the suger in formula.

Kitten's eating very very well so im not sure what to do.

I really want to save this kitten and give him a happy life but im so stressed that im doing something wrong and i really dont want him to die but he just dont want to poop.

There is only one vet in my area, they told me if by tomorrow i he doesn't poop i must take him in but what if tomorrow to late, i will never forgive myself if something happens to him....

Please help me as I dont want to lose him.....

Thank you and sorry for long message.

Try rubbing the anus from the bottom upwards (like a licking motion). I would also suggest that you take the kitten back to the vet. A enema may just get things going.

Posted by: Cat lover | 2009-09-14

any news on how the kitten is doing?

Please let me know

Reply to Cat lover
Posted by: Chill | 2009-09-10

I can imagine you' re concerned, and frankly I would be taking the kitten back to the vet.

Meantime, there is LOADS of information on handrearing kittens on the web - here is a very informative site, maybe you' d like to have a look - it' s www followed by:

Good luck!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Annemarie | 2009-09-10

Take him to the vet who gave it to you!

Reply to Annemarie