13th Cheque

Good Day,

I just want to know that if I resign, am I entitled to a part of my 13th cheque or will I lose it if I resign before December?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

It is very difficult to advise you on this particular issue as I need to see your contract of employment or the conditions of service of your employer. These contracts or conditions normally outline whether in fact you are entitled to a 13th cheque if you are not present at work at the time of the giving of the cheque. Many employers state that you must be present at work on the role when the cheque is actually declared.

Posted by: Salome | 2009-08-21

Unless stated in your contract he has no obligation to pay you a pro rata portion of your 13th cheque. I left a co. years ago + out of decency the paid me pro rata. 5 yrs ago when I left another co. I found out that the employer is under no obligation to pay you out pro rata for your 13th cheque unless this was stated in your original contract.

Reply to Salome