Question
Posted by: Tessa | 2010/03/15

13 year twin boy who talks too much in class

My twins have just started High School this year - Grade 8. They are in separate classes - by their own choice. The one is a real " walkie talkie" . He is constantly talking in class. He has to go to detention at least once a week for talking in a class. I have sat down with him and explained that he has to be respectful towards every teacher etc. I have now decided give him detention at home - he is not allowed on the computer for 1 week for eg? How should i approach this issue?

Expert ImageTeen expert

A unified approach at home and school will help him the best so that there is a predictable structure - if he hasnt had one already I would strongly recommend an assessment with an Educational Psychologist as his restlessnes in class may be due to an identifiable issue that can be improved with the correct diagnosis and intervention.

1
Posted by: Teen expert | 2010/03/16

Reply to Teen expert