Question
Posted by: Chantal | 2010-02-04

13 day diet

Is is possible for a diet (such as the 13 day diet) to correct ones metabolism for 3 years. What are the side effects of this diet.

Dear Chantal
I seem to recall that the 13 day diet requires you to eat only certain foods (probably high-protein, zero carbs). Is this correct? If so, the fact that you may lose weight will help to normalise your metabolism (for example insulin problems tend to improve with weightloss), not the fact that you have used that specific diet. If the 13 day diet is unbalanced or very low in energy, the chances are that you will regain all the weight you have lost. Rather make a change in your basic diet, eat less fat, reduce your portions and concentrate on low-GI foods. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI.

2
Posted by: Nicole | 2010-05-10

Hi there, I know you are supposed to follow the diet to the letter but I do not and cannot eat ham, is there a replacement for it? Thanks

Reply to Nicole
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-02-04

Dear Chantal