Question
Posted by: NCECE | 2008/06/26

12WEEKS

HI
I AM 30YRS OLD AND 12 WEEKS PREGNANT AND I WANTED TO KNOW IF IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE PREM BABY ON 12WKS(3MNTHS). AND AGAIN WHAT CAUSES PREM BABIES IS IT A NATURAL THING OR CAN I ASK MY DOC TO HELP HAV A PREM BABY AND LASTLY IS IT DANGEROUS?????????????????????

THNX

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Ncece
I am sorry to say, but 12 weeks is not a viable baby, however, it is a very real pregnancy. Depending on the reason for going into labour early it can be controlled for a while, but a baby of 3 months will not live, since the vital development has not yet taken place. Please discuss with your doctor, so he can give you the correct advice on what is happening and why.
Welma

2
Posted by: T | 2008/06/27

I read that the earliest a baby ever survived was at 24 weeks born!

Reply to T
Posted by: Kym | 2008/06/27

If the baby was to be born now no it would not be viable. There are many many different reasons for having a premature baby and yes it is very dangerous for the baby. I dont know of a single doctor what will allow you to give birth to a premature baby at the mother's request it is so dangerous. Yes there stats of premature survival has gone up but even at 34 weeks something could go wrong and the baby could die.

Reply to Kym