Posted by: MOMMY | 2010-10-01

Hi, my 12 year old son has a major problem with black heads. Tiny ones on his back and in his face. I know I should not have but I did queeze out a few on his face...they don''t go away. Just get bigger. I give him Zinplex with his vitamine but I want some advise on how he can keep them at bay. And how to treat the ones he has now. Thank you, mommy

This is a mild form of acne vulgaris and I therefore, suggest that you rather consult a dermatologist to prevent worsening of his acne and possible scarring of his skin.

Posted by: P | 2010-10-02

First of all, a healthy diet seems to me like the most important thing to adopt.

But for quick, temporary results, long baths are the best.

I don''t know if medicine really helps, as my brother had the same problem and no medication helped much. But I think my personal methods are very effective. I''m 25 and have very nice skin.

So what I do is: I wash my face twice a day just with water and pat it dry afterwards. I don''t apply anything at all to it because experience with all kinds of lotions tells me they only cause pimples and other skin irritations. Also, soap and shower gels make the skin too dry, which in turn seems to trap all the things inside that our body needs to expell through our pores, causing inflammation. Just don''t use anything. Water is all you need on your face. You may think your skin is dry without lotions, but it will adapt and become as soft as a baby''s. And another important thing is that you should take a bath once a week when you''ll soak your face a lot. Again, just warm water and no soap.

Maybe suggest this to your son. Hopefully there will be a huge difference soon.

Reply to P
Posted by: vee | 2010-10-01

Try Roacutane

Reply to vee