Question
Posted by: ann | 2008/10/14

11 WEEKS PREGNANT

Hi there,

Im 11 weeks pregnant &  suffering from terrible heartburn. Just about everything I eat gives me terrible heartburn. What is the cause of this? When does the tiredness ease off a little, I can just about keep my eyes open at work.

Thank you,
Ann

The heartburn is due to changes in hormones and their effects on the oesopaghus. Try using Gaviscon. The tiredness is also hormonal and varies from person to person.

1
Posted by: Taken from Health24 | 2008/10/14

Eat small, frequent meals  eat slowly  increase your intake of complex carbohydrate foods such as rice and potatoes  avoid foods that aggravate heartburn, such as rich, fatty or spicy food, chocolate, citrus fruit and coffee  don’ t drink large amounts of fluid with a meal  stay upright for an hour after eating  lie on your right side –  it allows gravity to empty the stomach  sleep propped up with a pillow or elevate the head of your bed if possible  wear clothes that aren’ t too tight around the waist  and drink milk or eat yoghurt.

Reply to Taken from Health24