Posted by: Marilet Swanepoel | 2012-06-16

11 days lote, one NEG and one POS test, very confused

Hallo, I am now 11days late, been trying to concieve with a second child for the past year now. I tested on 7 days, clicks early detection came out Positive, but the next day a normal pharmacy SPOT ON test came out Negative. Im so confused now, will do a blood test this week if still nothing appears. Symptoms is moodiness, lower back pain, light cramping, cravings, light nasua....can I be pregnant??? Im soooo confused, do not want to test another Urine test again....

Dear marilet,
The symptoms you report are nonspecific and not diagnostic of pregnancy, as they can occur even in situations of hormonal imbalance. It would be advisable to do a sensitive blood pregnancy test called a beta HCG quantitative. Unfortunately urine pregnancy tests are notoriously prone to false positive and negative results, therefore one cannot draw any conclusions from the test you have done. However one cannot disregard the possibility of an early pregnancy and a subsequent implantation failure, which will explain the second negative test and is very similar to a very early miscarriage. In future if this situation arises it would be extremely important to do a blood pregnancy test as soon as you suspect you are pregnant, and should this be positive i recommend some sort of pregnancy support treatment to prevent or protect you against another similar situation.
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim

Posted by: Annie | 2012-06-19

I am now pregnant for 3rd time. All 3 times the urine test was negative, but blood test were positive. Why don''t you go for a blood test?

The last time my gynes office (the sister working for gyne) took my blood and send it away. We got the results from her as well. We did not even pay gynes office as I never saw the gyne.
Only had to pay lab for the tests.
A blood test is so much more accurate.

Why did you do a second urine test if the first was positive?

Reply to Annie