Question
Posted by: riekie | 2010/02/17

10yr olds breastlump

HI Dr Bets, the biopsy came out clean. The Specialist is not sure what was wrong with her and said that the tests showed that there were blood inbetween her breast tissue. What does that mean? He says he thinks it might have been an abcess, but is not too sure. It also explains the blood that came out of her nipple. What do i do now? Do i monitor her for any other signs / simptoms or do i just leave her going on with normal day to day activities. Thanks for answering all the questions for us during this very hard time. Warm regards

Hallo Riekie
She could have bumped it when swimming, causing a hematoma that got infected, but I am glad that the biopsy is clean. Just monitor it, remember that they do have lumpy breasts at this age and that the breasts may be tender too. If still tender, put a little bit of Voltaren jel on.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/17

Hallo Riekie

Reply to cyberdoc