Posted by: Angel | 2009-08-30

10 years infertile

Dear Doc, I have been married for 11 years now and I am unable to conceive. I have had 3 IVF and 1 ICSI. My last IVF/ICSI was last year. The FS tried half with IVF and the other with ICSI. I was told that the sperm and egg could be incompatible. With the embryos with ICSI died the same day and 1 survived however the cell development was not good however I was told we only need 1. We went through the transfer and on the 13th day I started was horrifying. We have been disappointed and decided to leave this rollercoaster ride. One more thing after the 2nd IVF the FS picked up anademyosis which was removed before the 3rd IVF. I would like to knowwith all the complications (endometriosis, problem with my tubes, inverted uterus, endomyosis) should I try infertility treatment or am I wasting my time.

Dear Angel

You should consider a full course of treatment with a GnRH analogue such as Zoledex for 6 months. This will allow some regression of your endometriosis as well as adenomyosis and allow time for your system to detox and recruit better quality eggs. This may improve your fertility outcome with the next IVF cycle.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim