Question
Posted by: SC | 2010-03-26

10 Year old Rotweiller

My sister have a female rotweiller which get sick everytime when on heat. She is biting her paws, so that she cant walk or that all the paw tissue is gone. Beginning of last year they wanted her to have a last batch of puppies, but she couldnt get pregnant and the vet told them she could have a sist(she only had puppies once in her life). The thing which are of concern is that she has a lump at the back under her tummy. Could this maybe be cancer in her female parts? She got so sick this time , that she stopped eating, couldn''t bent down to pee, vomitting and obviously she couldn''t walk on her raw paws.

Dear SC

Get a vet to look at the lump and have her spayed.

4
Posted by: Anon | 2010-04-10

If the poor thing has been sick when on heat for a long time it should have been spayed ages ago. The poor dog.

Posted by: Susanne | 2010-04-09

Youor sister CLEARLY doesn''t have the dogs best interests at heart - only her own. How shameful. Poor dog, i feel sorry for her. She should be spayed ASAP.
Posssibly your sister too so she can''t teach her own kids that it''s ok to use an ill dog just to have pups. the fact that the vet treating this dog is not saying anything is pretty bad 2 - like hello: dog = really sick &  suffering every time shes on heat = maybe time to stop her going on heat.

Reply to Susanne
Posted by: Chill | 2010-03-26

In my opinion it is irresponsible to try to breed a dog with this many health issues, quite apart from her age.

I really hope she''s been seen by a vet, if she''s this sick - if not, that would be disgraceful.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2010-03-26

Take Rottie to the vet. At 10 years of age she shouldn''t have anymore puppies - too old. And yes, the lump could be cancerous.
I would have her spayed if she is otherwise in good health asap.

Reply to Cat Lady