Question
Posted by: Marinda | 2011/06/30

10 year old behavour concern

I am 10 weeks pregnant in my second maraige. I have a 10year old daughter from my first marraige, she is an only child. My problem is I dont know how to tell her that I am pregnant, she will take this very hard, and I dont want to damage her emotionally. She has told me a couple of months ago that she hopes I dont plan to be pregnant, as she will kill herself if I do. she is extremely Jealous of my relationship with my husband, or if I am nice to anyone. I always tell her that I love her, and I give her most out of all, all my attention.If I tell her she did something wrong, she cries/runs to room/slams door. I am concered how she will act with this news

Expert ImageBehaviour modification

I strongly suggest that you make an appointment to see a therapist with your daughter. Her behavior is indicative of a very insecure child and there is little you will be able to do about it without professional help. A skilled therapist will get her to express the underlying reasons for her behavior. I urge you to do this sooner rather than later as you cannot hide the fact that you are pregnant and you are entitled to live your life as much as she is entitled to your unconditional love.

2
Posted by: warby | 2011/07/20

good day i need help my son has just turned 5 he is a great little boy but get so emotional like he didn''t want to got school for a few weeks because the teacher did want to help wipe his bum i had to force him to get dress in the morning but we over that now packed wet wipes because he has a think were his bum must shine really worries me that one thing then his socks and shoe we but them on 7 8 time in the morning cause they must feel right before he will leave and if they not he cry he cry even his pants if he get them dirt he will change them straight away i have to pack extra for school he is very emotional. he doesn''t sleep in his bed if he does he make up crying for me his been in my bed from birth. lately as well he shout ant me if i tell him to do things and get very angry as well really don''t no any-more

Reply to warby
Posted by: Behaviour modification | 2011/06/30

Reply to Behaviour modification