Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/11/05

10 mth old kitty has started biting my daughter

Hi Doc,

We have had our kitten since she was 3 months old. We had a puppy for a few months and just this weekend we gave the puppy away to a friend. On Saturday my daughter and I were sitting on the bed, playing with the puppy. Our kitten was sitting close by watching. After a few minutes she jumped onto my 5yr old daughter and bit her. When I removed her off my daughter, she bit &  scratched me. We gave the puppy away on Sunday. Monday morning I was helping my daughter get ready for school. Kitty was sitting close by watching. Once again she attacked my daughter. She tried once after this.

My daughter is now terrified of the kitten and starts crying as soon as the kitty sits somewhere and starts watching her.

Kitty vomitted yesterday morning. Could she be getting ill? She seems to be fine since vomitting. Or is this simply a case of jealousy? I am really afraid that she will attack my daughter when she is asleep. Kitty ususally lies on my daughter' s bed every night. Last night we put her in one of our other bedrooms.

Please advise.

Dear Anon

It sounds like the kitten wants to interact and play.

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2009/11/08

Dear Anon

Reply to Cybervet