Question
Posted by: Lee | 2011/10/12

10 minutes Morning exercise

I am a woman. Does it help with weightloss if I do just 10 minutes of cardio-strength exercisewith 2kg weights in the morning before breakfast? I walk 15 minutes most lunchtimes and run/walk for 30 minutes 3 times a week. When I cant walk/run, I do 10 minute cardio blast at home.
I carry weight all over but mostly on top part of my body. I''m more of a banana than an apple or pear.
I am 45 yrs old, weigh 86kg (lost approx 20kg in past 6 months), am 165 cm in height, waist now 92 cms (started at 117cms). I want to bring that measurement down to 88 cm by November. I have Gilbert''s syndrome.
How much extra should I do or is this enough?

Hi Lee

Well, it's better than nothing, of course, but the general guideline, regardless of which organization or group of experts you listen to is to accumulate 30 to 45 min per day of moderate intensity exercise. So you have to look at all the opportunities you can. You're obviously very time-restricted, which makes it more difficult, but you can get the exercise in, and those 10 min can help. I'm not going to lie - if you can do 40 min, it's better than 10, of course, but something is better than nothing!

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/10/30

Hi Lee

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc