Posted by: AMBITIOUS | 2009-03-25

Hi Doc Im 24 yrs old and I would like to lose 10 kg in 3 months .i.e April, May and june .Am I being too ambitious ? can I really lose 10 kg in 3 months ? I plan to go to gym 4 times a week for 1 hr .

One more question I can only drink 1.5 litres of water NOT 2 lt .can this decrease weighloss ? Im not a water person

My challenge begins TOMORROW (26 March 2009) but Im worried about PMS .I really crave bad food around this time ,especially white bread with cheese and butter &  coke .

Dear Ambitious
If you use a well balanced, energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and do mainly cardio exercises 4 times a week, you should lose between 0,5 and 1 kg per week, so in 12 weeks losing 10 kg is perfectly feasible. I trust that you will also be drinking other liquids (tea, coffee, rooibos, sparkling water, fat-free milk, sugarless cold drinks?) because adults need to ingest 2,5 litres of liquid a day. The liquid need not only be water. If you suffer from PMS and develop cravings then click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and read article 57 'PMS and diet' to obtain tips on what you can do to prevent these PMS symptoms.
Good luck with your challenge, I shall hold thumbs that you succeed stunningly!

Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-03-25

You could if you add a chromium supplement (but don' t use if you want to fall pregnant) and add exersices.
Water is healthy so drink as much as you can.
As for your craving its all in your mind, put mind over matter by doing something other than eating.
Good luck.

Reply to Zexeon