Posted by: Maria | 2009-01-26

10 days

Can you please help me ... I know that a low fat diet and dailly exercise is the only real way to loose weight and keep it off permanently. But I need some help ... in 10 days time I need to loose 5 kg' s to fit in a dress for a party. Is there any quick solution for my problem. I' m 1.68 m tall and my weight is 70 kg. I exercise every day for an hour ... but I need to loose these 5 kg for this big occation. Afterwards I will go back to my healthy diet.

Dear Maria
As you know, I am not in favour of quick fix solutions. I can only suggest that you try using a liquid diet for 2-3 days - use clear soups (make with a beef, chicken or vegetable stock cube and boil up some low kJ vegies in the soup), fat-free yoghurt and eat so-called negative energy foods (berries or grapefruit without sugar, celery, baby tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, broccoli, and/or spinach). Use lemon juice and herbs to make these foods taste better. But don't do this for longer than 3 days and be very careful because you may start feeling faint because of low blood sugar and this can cause accidents. I don't think you will lose 5 kg in 3 days, so on the days when you eat normally just increase your exercise concentrating on both cardio exercise (to use up energy) and targeted exercises to firm up those areas that hamper your wearing the dress.
Take care

Posted by: candy | 2009-02-25

hi there

could you please send me the 10 day soup diet plan.

kind regards

Reply to candy
Posted by: Y | 2009-01-27

Or eat low-carb for the 10 days. Only lean meats (e.g. skinless chicken breasts, red meat with visible fat removed, hake or haddock), non-starchy vegetables (tomato, lettuce, greenpepper, mushrooms, onions, aubergine etc.   NOT potatoes or sweet potatoes or mealies), fat free and low-fat milk and milk products (e.g. yogurt, cottage cheese), small amounts of good fats (e.g. olive oil, avocado, olives, canola oil). If you eat like this you' ll basically be following the first two strickest weeks of the South Beach Diet. On this diet, fruit and low-GI starches only get added in the third week. If you stick to this for the whole 10 days it is likely that you will loose the 5kgs. But do add on fruit, low-GI starches and more good fats from week 3 onwards if you are going to continue dieting. .

Reply to Y