Question
Posted by: Tania | 2011/01/26

10 Bloka

I never received the pamphlet with my recent bottle of tabs and would like to know how often can these be taken, I am currently taking half a tablet three times a day as I am asthmatic and half a tablet does not seem to affect me as much as a full tablet.

I do however need to know what is the maximum dose of mg''s that can be taken on a daily basis.

Tania

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi T

Which strength Ten-Bloka tab are you taking?
In general, not taking any other medical conditions you may have, age or other medications you might be taking into consideration, the maximum recommended daily atenolol dose for high blood pressure treatment is 100 mg (Higher doses are not likely to be any more effective). For treating angina symptoms doses as high as 200 mg are prescribed.

Because you are asthmatic it is strongly advised to stick to the prescribed dose.

Here's a quick link to a generalized package insert:

http://home.intekom.com/pharm/lennon/tenbloka.html

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/01/27

Hi T

Reply to pharmacist