Posted by: Shelley | 2012-09-16

1 year old will not drink formula

My 1 year old was on AR digest formula and he used to drink at least 1 bottle in the morning and 1 before bed with juice and water in between. Now that he has started solids he refuses formula and will only drink purity juice (watered down of course). He drinks 2 x 240ml bottles per day and does not have any tummy problems.

I have tried full cream cows milk (diluted), rooibos tea, ''rooibos milkshake'', normal tea, I actually don''t know what else to do.

He does have full cream yoghurt as a dairy source, but thats all. Should I be giving some sort of milk or perhaps a multivitamin with iron as he is not getting this from formula anymore? Should I be concerned?

I do not think that you have any reason to be concerned. If he is eating solids and you are supplying him of a balanced diet, there is no reason why he should drink formula milk. There are many multivitamins on the market and I suggest that you consult your pharmacist for a good one.