Question
Posted by: T | 2009/03/12

1 YEAR OLD SON

Hi, my one year old boy is walking and walking very fast. I' ve noticed that his right foot seems to be a bit skew, &  the right is always first to come off. Should I be concerned? I do not have funds to see a specialist at the mo, but I can make an arrangement.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear t
I think you should just watch it for the moment as little ones often seem to either have bandy legs, knock knees etc before the age of two as they are starting to walk. If you think that it gets worse, you can ask to be referred to a paediatric othopaedic surgeon, but for the moment just watch it.